1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here has had problems with their Springfield Officer model firing when you drop the slide using the slide stop? I dropped the slide on a loaded mag the other day using the slide stop and the gun fired as it chambered the round. I didn't have my finger anywhere near the trigger so the hammer dropped on it's own. I had the pistol pointed in a safe direction so nobody was hurt but this bothers me A LOT!! It's also embarassing! Does anyone know a fix for this? Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm sure others will chime in here, I'd send that thing back to Springfield, with a bill for some new underwear. I've never had any problems with my LW Compact. Guess I should perform a few check to make sure. Nice job not killing anyone, and welcome to the forum!

-B

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Since Springfield pays shipping, why not send it back and let them deal with it. It could be something simple like the sear spring out of place or the firing pin spring is weak (or broken.....the hammer wouldn't drop in this case), or it could be that the sear and hammer need replacing.

·
Registered
497 Posts
my lw compact has not EVER done that. send it back before putting ammo in it again. this is a story to remind poeple to load and unload with muzzle in safe direction. i hope that never happens to me.:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts