1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy Chuck came over yesterday, and showed me the easy way to add photos, and took some shots of this SA Operator. Thanks Chuck!

Checkering by EGW (thanks George), Parkerizing by Texas Armament, and photos by Pistolwrench

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You've changed just a few parts, like the barrel, thumb safety, hammer, sights, and perhaps other stuff as well. It looks great! Were those changes just out of personal preference or did things go wrong with the originals?

·
Registered
10 Posts
What kind of beavertail is that, and did it require a bunch of modification to the frame?

I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my Mil-Spec Operator, but I'm not sure how much work it would be.

Looks dang good though! WOW! I want to go home and handle mine again now!

·
Registered
64 Posts
What kind of beavertail is that, and did it require a bunch of modification to the frame?
Texasguns, its an Ed Brown beavertail. I'm big time into Ed Browns Safetys (grip and thumb). They are the best on the Market ( just my humble opinion).

It does require welding the frame, and fitting on the Springfield. No sweat for the Pro's who frequent this site.

You can call or e-mail any of the smiths, and get a quote.
Good luck

Gene

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all. George and the guys at EGW just keep getting better at their checkering jobs. The last one I had done by them, a 10MM Commander length Caspian was just gorgeous. If I can dig up some photos of that one I'll post them.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Re: Excellent

lsc4768 said:
Great gun, Don. Now that you know how to post the photos, we should see a lot more of your work:D
Lenny
I've been tryin' to get a minute to post those exact words! Thanks Lenny!:D

And to Don and Chuck -

Thanks for sharin' the pics! Great work Don!:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just as an aside, while I was in Arizona, I visited Don's shop, looking for a set of grips for my Kimber Royal Carry. Somehow, I ended up with a set of grips for a full size rather than for an Officer's size gun.

I contacted Don upon my return from Arizona, and he sent me a set that fit my gun perfectly, and cashback as well since the pricing was different.

Great guy to work with, and great customer service to boot.

Kudos to Don. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just got of the phone with Gene , he is PUMPED ! This pistol arrived at his house today. He usually is not a loss for words (trust me). I dont think he's gonna post a reply for a while he's to busy admiring his new toy. Don looks like you topped yourself on this one cant wait to see it. Steve

·
Registered
64 Posts
Okay had a chance to shoot it this weekend. Had a mix of Winchester, Wolf and some handloads. 600 rounds, gun ran perfectly no malfunctions.

I shot 10 - 5 round groups resting on the bed of my truck. At 25 meters accuracy was outstanding, I kept all 50 rounds in less than 2" groups. It could probably do better if I did my part better.

The rest of the ammo was offhand at a standard military plastic silhouette. This I managed to keep in a 10" shoot and see target, stuck to the center of the silhouette.

The only problem I had, was the light had a tendencey to slide forward on the rail when shooting. I am not sure why, but I'll make a post when I figure it out.

Man I love this pistol:D .

·
Registered
64 Posts
I took a file and dressed up the edge of the latch of the light. No more problems. It was less than a 5 minute fix.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts