1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why some springfields say brazil and some don't. I just bought a 9151 loaded and as far as I know it is made in brazil and every picture Ive seen says fibrazil but mine doesnt say brazil anywhere on the gun that ive seen. Maybe the frame was machined here on the nm line? Thanks for any help.

[This message has been edited by shane45 (edited 04-17-2001).]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Shane45,
I questioned SA about the frames and they said ALL FRAMES ARE MANUFACTURED IN BRAZIL. It doesn't matter if they have the Brazil marking or not. I have a Full size SA SS 1911a1 without the Brazil marking and no front cocking straps. I was told it was still made in Brazil. Go figure.

1927A1

This gun also has the NM SER# on the frame.

[This message has been edited by 1927A1 (edited 04-16-2001).]

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got a new 9151L that should arrive any day now that has an "NM" serial number and doesn't say "Brazil" anyplace on the gun.

I dropped an E-Mail to Springfield who says the "NM" has no significance at all. So far, all of the new "2001-L" models that I've seen (and I've seen a BUNCH) do NOT say Brazil on them.

Maybe someone else has different information?? I'm curious too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew that they are all made in brazil. I think what the question really boils down to is where it was machined. Loadeds are supposed to be finish machined in brazil. Trophy's come in with no slide rails machined etc. I was thinking that the ones that don't say brazil were perhaps finish machined here.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
You can do a search, if you like, believe me when I say...This is NOT the first time this question has come up...

The answer is....always...

They are made in Brazil on machinery as good as any anywhere...There are customs out there that are indeed finished in the Custom Shop in Geneseo...Unless it says "custom" somewhere or "they" tell you differently...It was done in Brazil.
"They" being the custom shop or someone from SA,,,
Before you inundate the factory with questions(which they will gladly answer BTW) do a search here and look for yourself...Please don't take my newbie word for it...Do some more research...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To tell the truth I did do a search and found nothing. I probably should have searched the word brazil instead of serial #. As u can see above, I don't think the question is manufacture but machining. Who did the machining, US or THEM. I'm sure we all agree that it's really not a biggie but it sure would be nice to have one machined here - just seems to make it more american I guess. By The Way I picked up My 9151 sts for 600 flat shipped to my ffl!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well, there are definitely some done here...Dave Williams in the Custom Shop at SA may be able to help...I'm thinkin', if it has "Match" in the name, probably is. If it has Custom...in the name same thing...Maybe the TRPs...not sure...Dave should be able to give a shove in the right direction...

Sounds like ya'll have some good ones...Congrats...

Come to think of it...You probably won't find much unless you search the archives...Even then you may find nothing...I know some house cleaning has been done lately and sometimes things happen...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!!! Range report very soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts