1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my "New" Stainless Trophy match back from springfield after a mixed feeling experience.
I first bought it in April and recieved it on Good Friday, when I got home I noticed that the finish on the slide was very poor and what almost seemed like rust I went right back to the retailer and shipped it back to springfield before ever firing it.
After 2 weeks they informed me that they would be replacing the complete gun, but...
all slides were on back order and it took 8 weeks to get the replacement and needed to get a new purchase permit to pick it up..
But after finialy firing it it was worth the wait. Springfield shipped some extra mags and a range bag and some small accesories for the trouble. Nice to see a company step up to a problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Car,

Wow, that's pretty good service.

I sent my SA to the factory for a little work. It came back sooner than I expected, and the work was great. So I'm a satisfied customer too.

------------------
US Government motto:
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is."

·
Registered
838 Posts
Well, my 2001 stainless Loaded is going into Springfield today to be fixed. I have had tons of FTF problems along with the fact that the slide is wearing heavily on the top of the barell. Not only that, it shipped with 2 bad mags.

They claim it will take at least 4 weeks

Wish me luck.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by carexpert:
I just got my "New" Stainless Trophy match back from springfield after a mixed feeling experience.
I first bought it in April and recieved it on Good Friday, when I got home I noticed that the finish on the slide was very poor and what almost seemed like rust I went right back to the retailer and shipped it back to springfield before ever firing it.
After 2 weeks they informed me that they would be replacing the complete gun, but...
all slides were on back order and it took 8 weeks to get the replacement and needed to get a new purchase permit to pick it up..
But after finialy firing it it was worth the wait. Springfield shipped some extra mags and a range bag and some small accesories for the trouble. Nice to see a company step up to a problem.
Did it ever dawn on You that Good Friday this year was FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH? So much for superstition as it worked out in the end.Springfield is still the best deal on the market,bar none.tom.

------------------
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, for what it's worth saluki9
Good Luck!!
Having worked in a customer service position for several years I found that if you write a concerning letter and follow it up with a phone call its goes a lot further than just exploding from the start.
Thanks for all your reply's.

carexpert

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's very reassuring to hear SA is backing their products with excellent customer service and a great warranty. I recently purchased a full size SA Loaded and I'm very pleased with the purchase and at ease knowing I have excellent backup support from SA in the event something may go wrong...knock on wood. I don't think you can get a better cumulative deal on a 1911--gun, loaded features, performance, and customer support--than what SA is offering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts