1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting one of these but have yet to handle one. Can someone tell me the purpose of moving the rear sight slightly forward on the slide. Any other info on this model is greatly appreciated. Thanks,ShooterJD

·
Registered
84 Posts
ShooterJD said:
I'm looking into getting one of these but have yet to handle one. Can someone tell me the purpose of moving the rear sight slightly forward on the slide. Any other info on this model is greatly appreciated. Thanks,ShooterJD
I imagine they move it forward to reduce the chances of snagging if one decides to use this model as a carry weapon.

I'm looking at this model as well. It looks like a beautiful pistol.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm also going to be purchasing one within the next couple months to carry at work. If you look at the sight compared to, say the Loaded Operator, the sight on the TRP Operator is longer. The TRP Operator also has the Bo-Mar cut for the sights. Probably revolves around both those factors. BTW, just found out today that Keng's is the company that makes the adjustable sight for the TRP Operator. Good luck and hope you have fun!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm on my third TRP Operator right now. I love it! It's a great pistol! For carry I switch between it and a CQB.

The reason why the sight is moved forward is to make it a stronger unit. I don't know how many times I've hit door frames with my pistol on my hip but it's been a lot. The draw back of having adjustable sights is that typically they are not as strong as fixed sights and if you drop the pistol or hit it on something you can knock them off center or even break them altogether. The Operator fixes is this to some degree by moving it forward. If you hit the rear of the slide on something your more likely to hit the slide than the sight.
The only draw back with these sights is that they are pretty sharp. I've drawn blood a few times during clearance drills.
Another thing about the sights is that they are amazingly bright at night. I've had night sights from many different manufactures but I've never seen any as bright as these, they also offer a very sharp sight picture during the day.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts