1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a springer TRP. The rear sight looks like its slightly off to the right. I see the set screw on top of the rear sight but when I go to loosen it I end up bending the allen key. I figue there must be locktite on it but I'm not sure??? How should I go about loosening it?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
You probably need to heat it up to loosen the locktite. I do not know if a hairdryer will work. You wouldn't want it to get too hot anyway - or you could melt the lenses of the tritium inserts - so, a heat gun would likely get too hot

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No luck heating it up. I think its just the weak allen key. I keep bending them and it seems like I'm not getting enough leverage.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Shoot the gun to confirm its zero'd or needs adjustment BEFORE moving the sights.

Just because the rear is not centered in the notch does not mean anything. The barrel may not be perfectly aligned with the slide, which would require the sights to make up the difference.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Confirm your zero first.

If it is off, are we talking about a non-railed version of the TRP? Those are fixed sights and require special gunsmithing tools to drift. Mine was off by about 4 inches, I took it in to gander mountain and I don't think the gunsmith even charged me. If he did it was like $20 or something. Let someone who knows what they are doing and has the tools do it.

If its the railed version, those are adjustable, but I have no insight on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts