1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys my first day at the range with my TRP. At 7 yards it shoots 3" low. Didn't try it at 25 yards, but what can I expect at that range? I ran out of time, and will give it another try tomorrow. My friend also had the results shooting it.
Springfield Armory only said try it at 25 yards, and let them know.
What has your experiences been with the TRP, and shooting low. Needless to say I wasn't pleased with the results my first day. Had no malfuctions using 230 gr winchester white box ammo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
TRP shooting low

My TRP shoots low also. I am an avid shooter former Marine and carry for my work so I know its not me. I was a range officer at an indoor target range when I first got it and had a lot of time to fool around with it,and Ive just never been happy. Heck my RIA mil-spec shoots more accuratley and I paid what about third the price. If I go by the manual and do the 6oclock POA then Ill be shooting the kneecaps at 25yrds!LOL What gives? Seriously dissapointed!

ROCK

·
Registered
88 Posts
My TRP was shooting low but friends pointed out that I was pushing in anticipation of the recoil.I worked on not pushing and trigger control & the low shooting problem was fixed.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Mine shoots like a champ... I never shoot at 25 yards, maybe a clip once a month. If someone is at 25 yards then I am running :)

But it shoots perfect at 5, 7, and 10...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
this is normal...

You may want to search through some of the Springfield Armory area's threads. There seems to be a lot of this on the TRP and, I think, the "Loaded" models, too. My TRP was low, a trip to SA fixed it. Can't recall turn around time but it wasn't bad. I don't know why SA can't seem to get this regulated, maybe we are just not hearing about the majority of TRPs that shoot POI.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have a loaded that shoots low,about 4 inches low at 15,6-8 low at 25.everyone says send it back to sa,but i was kind of hoping to avoid that.it is a great shooting pistol except for the low part.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
My SA-based GSP shot very low for me when I received it. It had a lot of other issues that the Gunsmithy's then-'smith couldn't resolve, so that was the least of my problems.

The 'smith that rebuilt the gun found that the rear sight dovetail was cut too low. I need to get around to ordering an Officers Model Novak rear sight from Brownell's and having Gunsite's current (and very capable) 'smith install it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts