1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first 1911 the other day. It was a nicely used Springfield Ultra Compact (V10). I'm looking to doing some minor upgrades to the pistol, to crispen up the trigger etc. What are your suggestions on what I should do? Plus, being that it's a compact do I have to buy special parts are will most 1911 triggers, hammers, sears fit my gun? Please give me any and all advice. Thank you Jared

·
Super Moderator
14,938 Posts
jrbet83 said:
Guess nobody knows how to upgrade 1911's
Actually, Jared, many, many posters here know how to upgrade 1911's. I'm guessing the reasons no one had responded to your post are:

1. This type of post (question) occurs frequently. The poster is (obviously) new to 1911's and before becoming intimately familiar with his pistol by shooting thousands of rounds, immediately wants to "customize" it.

2. The questions asked are vague. For example, yours, "looking to do some minor upgrades, what should I do?" We need some clue as to what you want to accomplish with these upgrades.

As to your specific question about standard parts fitting your compact, some will fit and some won't. Hammers, triggers, disconnectors, sears, sights, etc. will fit; and barrels, slides, grips, mainspring housings, and a few other items will not interchange.

Try being a little more specific. For example, what problems are you having or what do you want to accomplish with these "minor upgrades"?

·
Premium Member
11,641 Posts
jrbet83 said:
...I'm looking to doing some minor upgrades to the pistol, to crispen up the trigger etc. What are your suggestions..? Plus, being that it's a compact do I have to buy special parts are will most 1911 triggers, hammers, sears fit my gun? ...
What Rod said. Shoot the gun enough to get very familiar with it, learn how to disassemble/reassemble it, learn the correct nomenclature for all of the parts, etc. Get to know that thing! :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have one that I bought when the first came out. I cleaned the trigger the first night I had it. Just light polishing with some stones....to take the gritty feel out. It has worked great ever since. Just put night sights on it about a year ago.....but it really works great like it is. The only thing I would change now is to get it dehorned and a tougher finish as its my daily carry gun.
I did not get the one with the comp though as I wanted a self defence weapon, did not like the idea of me getting covered with lead in close quarters. I want all of the lead on the bad guy.....
Just shoot it.....a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts