61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,497 Posts
Reactions: Retired AF CE

·
Registered
5,026 Posts

Looks like they have at least one there, at MSRP.
Looks like you sold the last one for them. I didn't buy it due to lack of funds and having RA which makes the .45ACP to painful, but if they ever offer it in 9MM, and I believe they will, I'll get one.

·
Super Moderator
13,497 Posts
Looks like you sold the last one for them. I didn't buy it due to lack of funds and having RA which makes the .45ACP to painful, but if they ever offer it in 9MM, and I believe they will, I'll get one.
I can't take the credit. I've been watching their site and they just got it in. I'm sure there are other watchers.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Thanks for looking out, this thread was very helpful but I decided to go another route. For my first 1911. If I decide to carry a 1911, I would go back to this as the comments above were very helpful.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
My local shop just let me know they secured one of the Vickers Master Class for me and I'll be getting it out the door for the msrp. Should arrive next week sometime and then it'll be a few days before I can pick it up due to our backlog on the bgc here in Colorado. It's running between 3-4 days currently.

Regardless, I think for the features offered it's a good deal at the price. Looking forward to hitting the range and writing up my experiences.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have an old military buddy that is still on active duty that was able to get his hand on a Vickers Tactical at the end of October and he has been telling me that the Trigger on the Vickers is ALMOST as good as the one on his PRO Operator now I know how good the PRO pistols are and I have been trying to get a Vickers since I heard they where coming out! I have my FFL now and am on 3 different lists to get one from distributors but not joy yet but last email I got last week said that I should be able to get one the second week in January! Since you have BOTH PRO Modes is the Vickers that GOOD? I know that the SACS is working their magic on every Vickers pistol and they are using Wilson Combat Tool Steel Parts but the PROs are Tuned like a Swiss Watch!
I shot the Vicker's yesterday with Winchester 230 grain FMJ. The trigger is just as good as my Pros (which are slightly different feeling, having been made 5 years apart from each other). After firing about 100 rounds the slide-to-frame fit shows very slight lateral play, but is still most certainly tighter than a modern factory Colt. The Pros, on the other hand, still feel like they are riding on ball bearings even after thousands of rounds through them. So while very high quality there is a slight noticeable difference between the production Vickers and the $3,000 custom guns.

I did experience two bolt over base malfunctions with the last round in my Wilson #47 7-round magazines (not the #47D 8-round mags-- I do not use those). It did this on the very first magazine and then again about 4 mags later with a different Wilson #47. These are mags that have been 100% reliable in my Pros and other 1911s for years. After those two malfunctions, however, the gun ran flawlessly and I was unable to reproduce the malfunction with the Wilson #47s, Wilson ETMs or the two supplied Wilson Vickers magazines. I suspect the recoil spring needed to get broken in and once that occurred the slide timing was in the correct range to feed the last round reliably.

·
Super Moderator
13,497 Posts
Thanks for the report. It sounds like a good gun.

Reactions: Retired AF CE

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Well mine arrived! Did the background check Thursday just after 11a, hoping to get the clears before noon on Saturday. It’s a high “400” serial number, has the silver hammer.

Pics to follow when I bring it home

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Picked mine up Saturday, it's a high "400" serial number, went home, wiped it down, ran a patch through the barrel, had a bunch of mags loaded and headed to the range. After a couple of mags I had to tighten the grip screws, I had one Wilson mag that allowed for a failure to feed. That was the only issue, great trigger, the grips didn't feel great, I had already ordered a set from VZ and put them on when I got home.

I only used 1 of the Vickers/Wilson mags, it worked perfectly but for concealed carry it adds too much to the grip length for me. If it was an open carry/duty weapon then I'd use it all the time in addition to the standard Wilson mags.

I like the feel of the frontstrap/mainspring housing treatment. The sights are great, very fast to pick up, excellent trigger with a precise reset. Couldn't be happier though I will have one thing done to it. From a purely aesthetic perspective I don't like barrels that extend past the bushing. Silly perhaps but that will be dealt with this coming week.

A couple of obligatory photos:

With the new grips

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked up my Vickers Master Class this morning. Fit and finish are excellent, a step above my TRP in my opinion. Mine is high 400's in serial number and has a black hammer.
I absolutely love the sights and the texture used on the frame and slide.
Very impressed overall.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts