1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K., My WWII model is a great shooter, but I need to change the sights for my ageing eyes. What is the cheapest route to go, considering that the finish is parkerized, and any cuts would have to be taken into consideration. I checked the Brownells catalog, but was totally confused. Just looking for the cheapest route to go for decent sights, since this is the only thing that I plan on doing to it. Thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
take a look at Kings sight, they are on Brownell's website. The Kings sights are a direct replacement for the factory sights and have a higher profile.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Another vote for Kings :) .

Perhaps you'd like to try a dab of bright orange or green on that front sight? Just might help those tired optic nerves ;) .

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to check the Kings site tonight, but I'm assuming that any competent smith can do the tang pretty easily, correct?

·
Administrator
75,206 Posts
Just remember that SA's use a unique .082" medium-width tenon. Most vendors other than Kings only offer the standard narrow (.058") or the newer wide (.125") tenon sizes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sight Replacement

I just had my sights upgraded and went with the dovetailed front sight instead of staking. Less chance of the front sight shooting loose plus now I can change my own sights in the future. The cost difference was minimal...

The parkerized finish may cause a problem.

Sakima

1 - 7 of 7 Posts