1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long does it take springfield to put a beavertail gip safety on a 1911? also has anyone had them do there front strap checkering? how long was your pistol gone? thanks lee

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Lee I sent my Stainless Mil-spec in on the 19th of December. They called me the next week (even with Christmas in there) to make sure what I wanted done front strap checkering and new grip safety, total melt and night sights oh and a trigger job.
I will be calling this coming week to see how close it is to completion and then pay 'em..

I'll get pics up. They are good folks to talk with and answer any questions.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Mine took about a month, door to door. Really nice work and great people to work with.

Robert

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine took 6 weeks, but it was an out of box failure that was RMA'd and replaced with a new pistol. Then I had them do the custom work on it. Everyone I dealt with there were great people and my little GI/MC remains as one of my favorite handguns without question.

·
Registered
673 Posts
yes i had a springer 1911 front strap machined checkered. hand checkering cost more and im a tight wad sometimes. cant tell the difference either. also they are top-notch people to deal with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I want to get a beavertail grip safety installed on my Milspec. It says on the custom page that they will install an SI beavertail grip safety for $90. So I don't need to supply my own grip safety? Also what does SI stand for?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've been quoted 8 to 10 weeks to have my whole Champion worked over and rebuilt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts