1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have it? I did not get a key or any special literature with my new Pro that would lead me to believe I have this ILS locking thingy. But on the backstrap, and just below the right bottom edge of the beavertail grip safety there is an indent with a recessed pin in it(about the diameter of a paperclip wire) . Now this does not look like the key shown on the SA website would fit this indent but the pictures are unclear as to where the ILS should be and what it should look like. Sure I could just call SA but that doesn't allow me to post here. :grin:

So does anyone have any pictures showing the backstrap/ILS? Or can you accurately describe the ILS and where I can find it? Keep it clean ladies and gentlemen.

Oh, and by the way I do not want the ILS and was actually considering swapping the mainspring housing.

Still out of town and have had no chance to fire it yet. Update coming. It feels better in my hand every time I handle it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stand corrected. Before the pic at the top of the article fully loaded I had concentrated on the illustraion at the bottom.

Thanks for helpin' a blind brother out Bayrat.

So what is the hole/pin I described for? Garage door opener? Eject button? Tabasco dispenser?

·
Registered
146 Posts
hello Mookie, get the 2 1911 shop manuals from Kuhnhausen(The Colt .45 Automatic - A Shop Manual, Vol. I, and The U.S. M1911/M1911A1 Pistols & Commerical M1911 Type Pistols, A shop Manual). The easiest and fastest place that I found to get them is www.gunbooks.com

They are very detailed and should answer every question you could have excepting one dealing with specifics of the sear geometry...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts