1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have been building a colt 1911 for a month or so and i took it to have it teflon coated and wilson night site's installed.
I have been using my titanium revlover 38 taurus for daily CARRY.
Well two days and i was missing my 1911 so bad that i went on a search for another while my colt was at the smith and after to many gun shop tours i was very unhappy with the fit of what was avalable i meen why not check for slide to frame fit and barrel fit its my money and i wont as good as i can get the shop owners all sorta looked at me like *** are you on ?
i did find a px9152L with night sites, ajustable at that ,amby safty, xtended mag well , slim grips with two tone ss and park and the slide to frame fit is of the best i could find no play and pretty smooth.
I bought a used springfield operator looks like new off the internet that was loose as a goose so from now on i only buy if i can touchy feely the gun ! .
so i bought the springfields for $680.00 out the door is this a good deal ?
and will the slide to frame stay tight or will it get loose like my operator is ?

:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I love my px9152L !!! $680 is a great price. Around here in Texas they are going for $800 to 825.
I have been using mine in IDPA and for carry , very comfortable and shoots great. So far have about 750 to 800 rounds thru mine and it is running great. Used the coupon that came with it to get 10 Springfield mags for 8.95 each. Also got 6 Mecgar 8rd mags to start breaking it in with. all have worked great , no FTF, FTE etc. Hope your experience is like mine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
That is a great price if it is NIB. I searched around for mine and I paid $710 plus shipping and transfer. Great gun! I really like mine.

The fit should stay pretty tight with proper maint. like keeping the rails clean and lubed. I like Wilson Ultima-lube or militec.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the gun is still new i have not even put a round down the tub yet.
they had the springfield marked for $695.00 plus tax and i said whats the best you can do cash holding $100.00 bills in his face,i am not rich by any meens just had a wade of cash today.
i was looking beside this gun at another springfield with less features and park only for $765.00 i wonder if they had the price tags mixed up ?

the only two things i will work on is the trigger could use somthing any ideas? and the barrel bushing could be a little tighter but the slide to frame is of the best fit i have seen besides a wilson combat i once drooled over.
the slide to frame fit is to me a platform i can build off of .
now i can finish my caspian colt and carry this gun ,but i think i like this gun better
:Dedit; i am a newbie so here is my newbie questions i have two.
what is FTF AND FTE PLEASE LAUGH IF YOU MUST because i am clueless.
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
shoot it first

Before worrying about barrel bushings and other things, shoot it first. I got mine for $750 at a very price competitive gun shop in New Orleans. It has a great fit and finish and offered a lot more for the money than the Kimber TLE I almost bought. Mine is very accurate, much more than I am! I can hit 4" x 4" rectangular plates on a swinging plate tree at a local outdoor range almost every shot. I've only got 300 rounds through mine but should put another 150-200 in it today. So far, no problems.

I think you are right about mixing up the price tags. You got one hell of a deal if it was NIB.

·
Registered
154 Posts
To improve the 400 pound trigger pull you can change out the Mainspring housing parts. You do not HAVE to change out the housing itself unless you choose to. Your I.L.S. system will not work anymore. I bumped an older thread to the top about "improving trigger pull". Follow through that and you will find a parts list that you can order from www.brownells.com .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the replys;)

i think i will take the advice and go shoot today cant wate i will post up how its doing.

;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i put abot 50 rounds down the springfield today without any problems even mixing up amo hollow points of three diffrent types no malfunctions and it shoots where i am.
i would say i have found a keeper:D

and the fit is still snug as a rug !

edit: another 100 rounds down the barrel today still no malfunctions and the springfield is grouping the target very well.!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
That sounds like a great deal! I like the idea of a two-tone with parkerizing instead of blued. Let us know how it works out. :)

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts