1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got one of the cdnn specials, was going to wear it in a little then adjust the springs.
was going to up the recoil spring to 18.5, put in the older trigger spring for better return, and drop the hammer spring down a bit, to 30 or maybe 28.
Has anyone out there adjusted their hammer spring, and if so, what weight worked for them?
this is a carry piece, but i can't help but think that the 32 lb hammer spring is a bit overkill...
cheers,
Derek

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found it VERY difficult to rack the slide on my CDNN SFS Hi Power as it was delivered. I think I'm down to a 28 pound mainspring and it's much more manageable. I don't shoot +p rounds and so figured I could leave the recoil spring alone.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I use basically the same set-up in all of my hi-powers except I go to a 26# hammer spring. I also use a Shock-tec recoil shock absorber as a guide rod. Recently, I've been using a stock weight (17#) recoil spring.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have 18.5/28 spring set up in one of my HP's, works fine for everything except Remington yellow box umc. Cycles to fast and stove pipes the second round fed from mag, evey time. This is the only ammo it won't feed properly.
This ammo works very well a different HP with the 18.5 recoil spring and stock main spring.
Just my personal observation.
mikehp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts