1911Forum banner

Spyderco Chinook review and testing

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  brownie0486 
#1 · (Edited)
Follow the link for my latest test and eval on this knife. Go to the test section.

Give me some feedback if you would

Brownie

http://www.folders-r-us.org

#2 ·
Nice review Brownie. Looks like that knife had some pretty good abuse there. I imagine the cross-beam prying would have left many knives tip-less!

Travis

#4 ·
No problem...I like the Folders site...comprehensive info and good reviews.

Any chance you'll be testing a SOG in the near future? I like the ones I've handled, and they seem to be reasonably priced for a decent knife. Some of their locking mechanisms are novel as well. The Mini X-Ray I've got is enjoyable :)

Travis

#8 ·
Brownie,

There is some javascript you can use to load the pop-up windows at a specified size. You could even do a test to see what resolution their monitor is, then based on that, size the pop-up accordingly.

Let me know if you need any links to the javascript stuff!

Travis

#9 ·
Actually, I have nothing to do with design or maintenance of the server or website. Thats Johns [ my partner ] job.

I only write/review etc. for the site.

If you go to the homepage, email John and explain the dilemma, he may do something about it, it's worth a shot anyway.

I appreciate the offer to help though, thanks

Brownie

#10 ·
Hey...no problemo Brownie. I'd be glad to help out with it if the site needs it. I've got a 20 incher here (monitor, I mean) so I have no probs w/ the display of the site :cool:

Travis

#11 ·
Gentlefolks,

may I comment on this?

I am repsonsible for the maintenance of the web site, so I guess I have to apologize for any problems I have created. But it is a hard job to please everyone, especially with the plethora of hardware out there.

Both my web sites are as simple as possible, in an effort to offer the visitor a nice environment. I use what is currently consider as "common base", in other words a 1024x768 analysis, which most contemporary monitors support. I guess the site could be made simpler, but I just can't promise I'll do it, my twins are taking too much of my time these days, so much so that I do not have the time for a major reorg job.

If someone has a problem, e-mail me, and I'll be glad to help you out with your particular concern, the address in in the site.

Kind regards and may you all have a very Happy New Year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.