1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard whether Ruger intends to make a 9mm 1911? I have a full-size SR1911 and love it. I was hoping that Ruger would follow up with a 9mm with perhaps a target rear sight. It would complement my .45 very well.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
It's on my wish list from them. I'd take one in full-size and one as a commander. I was hoping for something like this to pop up, but other than the railed full-size nothing. I got tired of waiting and bought both from Springfield in the Range Officer series.

·
Registered
23,180 Posts
I was hoping for a LW CMD in 9mm but haven't heard anything. Over the last year I have picked up a couple ROs. Even in gun stores if you wait for sales you can find them for less than $750 down here thus you can look before you buy.

Interesting with Ruger as way back they came out with the P89 in 9mm then the P90 in .45.

I have a couple SR1911s and both are nice but one is just more accurate than the other; sort of impressive. I was thinking of calling Novak about that adjustable sight that looks close to what comes on the Ruger.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I emailed Ruger a few weeks ago.
I asked about a 9mm 1911.
I was told there are no plans for a 9mm 1911.
The person who responded said he would send my request for 9mm 1911 up the chain of command.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would buy one in a heartbeat only because I know Ruger would get them right. Guns & Ammo TV hinted at a 9mm version tonight.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here is a Readers Digest version of my email from Ruger on 27 Aug;

Dear Mr. xxxx

I like the idea of a 9mm SR1911 and it is on our “to do” list.

Best regards,
Mike Fifer

> On Aug 27, 2015, at 4:43 PM, Ruger Website <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>I'd be first in line for an SR1911 in 9MM.
>
> Thank you for your time

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ruger released a new low cost AR rifle recently. I wonder where a 9mm SR falls into their growth strategy? LCR's seem to be very popular, I wonder how many of those Ruger sells? Certainly from a self defense POV, the light weigh and lower cost would make them attractive to many people.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I'm sure they will. It's just a question of when as 1911s' in 9MM seem much of n demand right now with the price of factory ammo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts