1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had anybody had a pleasure of using this SRB holster, in a competition or daily use? I did order them from Blade-Tech and I am actually returning them because they send me the wrong holster. Anyway, from a novice, I thought
that the holster is pretty hard and maybe not good for the finish of the pistol - a stainless on my case. It would be my first holster for my first gun.
ANyway, I figured I'll asked.
The raise slide of my pistol, a Colt Gold Cup is actually rubbing and scratching the finish. I spoke to them and they are actually going to switch it with the correct holster that is molded for the Cold Cup. But before I let them send the correct holster and or not cancel the order I want some thought from you all. Any other holster anybody would recommend would greatly be appreciated.
THank you in advance.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I use one for comp and it does wear at the finish, but it is a parked sa loaded. I don't mind the wear it just gives me a good excuse to get it refinished. On the other hand I also use my Nighthawk GRP II which has a hard chrome slide and its showing no wear.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've used one for awhile now. It does wear some on the trigger guard, but this will happen with all Kydex holsters. Granted my finish is just GunKote, so maybe some of the new wunderfinishes might hold better. This to me is a trade off for it's exceptional speed and stability.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
All holsters will wear the finish. If you want to keep your pistol pristine, don't put it in a holster.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I used one to carry my PO LTC and it was a good holster. I noticed a little wear, but nothing excessive. BillD is right on the money, if you want it to stay pristine lock it away in the back of the gun safe, otherwise be prepared for some wear.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I had the same experience. They sent me one for a lefty and I'm right handed. I just got the replacement and with a little adjustment it seems like a nice holster. I'll be interested to see how it compares to the Comp-Tac I have on order for another pistol. Anyway with a stainless pistol I wouldn't sweat things too much. Any holster wear will be hard to see and should polish out. It's one of the reasons I prefer stainless to blued.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I use one for my USP45 Tactical. It's a perfect fit and very fast. We're talking about 2 surfaces making repeated contact. There's no way to get around the wear issue. Deal with it or leave it in the safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts