1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good price, I think my LGS is a bit overpriced at $999.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's about what you get in my area, I've seen much higher though. I'm sure you can talk them down $40 bucks or so and get a deal.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
About right in my area as well.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I was hoping to get an answer to help me get off my mind. Now I am thinking more about picking it up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is rare to find a Colt 1911 around here. This LGS usually only has a R1, but today he had this Colt O1091, a RIA commander (really nice for just under $500.), a Spartan V and the R1. It was a good visit, it's been a while since I been gun hunting. Needless to say I got the bug again.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
But if bought local you can add another 10% sales tax. I do buy local if it is close but using the above example the difference would be right at $200. $1000+100 vs $850+35+15

·
Registered
967 Posts
But if bought local you can add another 10% sales tax. I do buy local if it is close but using the above example the difference would be right at $200. $1000+100 vs $850+35+15
Locally
999 x 1.065 = $1064
"850" + 50 + 50 = $950 (for a pistol you have never seen, or touched, and can't return without tremendous effort and expense)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I agree if that close in price I would by locally too

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Just noticedd $50 transfer fee? Ouch. I pay $15

·
Registered
763 Posts
If the price is close, yeah, go local but...

You guys got some expensive transfer fees... most of the time shipping on gun broker is $30-40 bucks...transfer fee might be $20-30... All I'm saying is if you watch carefully on Gunbroker you're gonna find a good deal compared to his local prices. If the dealer is reputable and says the gun is new, I would buy a 1991 from them without hesitation. If it was a gun that cost a ton of money then of course I'd want to see it in person.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I got my last S70 Stainless, NIB, through GoingBroker for $940, plus $25 shipping, $15 transfer locally. Dealer had a return clause within 3 days (all you have to do is ask before you buy but it was also thru seller with over 1000 100% positive which is another thing to look for religiously imo)

I see the S80's for around $850 or so here in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge areas.

So, there ARE regional differences in pricing like on a lot of things but for the money asked, including sales tax (also a variable which may or may not apply in your case) I'd probably go online for this.

Just my .02. Of course, you could also, depending on any relationship you might have with your LGS, ask (politely and professionally) about discounts that may be available. He wants to sell it about as much as you want to buy it. :)

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts