1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had a chance to buy either the SS Gold Combat S1 or the SS Pro Carry SLE S1, which one would you get and why? I'm facing this choice at this time and was just wanting some more input. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Pro Carry SLE was made in far fewer numbers, and not often encountered, so I'd opt for it... there are lots of S1 Gold Match pistols out there.

FWIW

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Have a Pro Carry, want a Gold Combat.

Is "both" an option?

The Pro Carry isn't very special, just a 4" version of the stainless Custom, without a barrel bushing. (I also have a stainless Custom Target.)

The Gold Combat has the checkering, etc, I think I'd rather have that than either of two Kimbers I have now. I sent off the Pro Carry for checkering a few months ago, still not finished. I like checkered frontstraps a lot better than plain.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I'd have to go with Dubb and Ranger,,, the Gold has all the extras and is top of the line and the Series one's are getting harder and harder to find. Magwell, night sights, front checkering - Hard combo to beat - just my 2 cents worth. You only live once - get what YOU want...

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
Then I guess you wouldn't mind putting me on to that SLE. Ive already got a S1 GC (my 1st choice)...Sam

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
If you do a google search on this particular model, they are for sale at several places, some NIB series 1. I think it was either Carl's pawn or bachman, but there are a couple out there for sale now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You chose wisely AZ ...
Welcome to the club.
I have a Pro Carry Stainless (not SLE) and a Gold Combat Stainless (both SI). Given the choice...I'd keep the GCS over the Pro Carry. The GCS is the Kimber Kadillac.....you will realize this as soon as you get to the range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts