1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a stainless mil spec for $480 at my local gun shop. It is my first auto pistol as well as first 1911. I went to the range with 100 rounds of UMC and 100 rounds of winchester white box. Reliability was 100%. Accuracy was excellent! I was easily able to pull 2 to 3 inch groups at 10 and 15 yards, Wich is great for me. I would recomend this gun to anyone!

I plan on slowly customizing. So any input on good hammers, bevertails, triggers, sights, etc... would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all on this sight! Reading here is what led me to the 1911.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:cool:

Suggestion:
You got a pretty good deal on the Mil Spec, for a stainless. The thing is, you can shoot it for awhile, or a long while, and get almost all of your money back when you sell it. The thing is, there are so many good match-grade models available from Springfield or Kimber at reasonable cost that you may find that you'll do better just to save up for & trade up when you're ready. It seems to me that you'll come out better that way, money-wise, unless you want your piece set up in a very specific way.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
steelerfan4 said:
:cool:

Suggestion:
You got a pretty good deal on the Mil Spec, for a stainless. The thing is, you can shoot it for awhile, or a long while, and get almost all of your money back when you sell it. The thing is, there are so many good match-grade models available from Springfield or Kimber at reasonable cost that you may find that you'll do better just to save up for & trade up when you're ready. It seems to me that you'll come out better that way, money-wise, unless you want your piece set up in a very specific way.
i couldnt disagree more...while the high end springfields or kimbers are GREAT guns. they still arent custom guns. a custom built gun will generally be nicer (esp if you use a good smith) more accurate, and be set up the way YOU want it. Also all the little foibles you dont like about the mil spec (lets say you dont like the grip safety) will still be there with the more expensive gun, but if you build up that mil spec, you can change that grip safety to what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts