1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
79,278 Posts
That's an excellent price. I paid $879 for mine. The ones being sold on Gunbroker are in excess of $1000 (not that they're worth that much, but the sellers seem to think so).

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
price was good but it was machined off-center so I passed on it even though I was ready to drop the coin and walk out with it. I've already sent one Colt back for the same problem, I'm too weary to have to go through that with yet another one. Their customer service is good but I'm not about to buy a gun that I know is going straight back to the factory to get the things fixed that it should have never left the factory with in the first place.

I really like all my Colt's but the gauntlet to get a good one is getting really tedious.

Call me a traitor, but some of the other makers are looking pretty good by comparison. Colt may have started it, but.... well, I'll leave it at that.

·
Administrator
79,278 Posts
hatidua said:
price was good but it was machined off-center so I passed on it even though I was ready to drop the coin and walk out with it.
Now that's a bummer. I guess maybe that's why they put a good price on it?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't really know. There was another one on the same street for nearly $150 more so I didn't even really examine the more costly one (might have liked it and didn't want to pay that for it).

I suppose I'll walk into a shop some day and there will be a good one with my name on it:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.