1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been a revolver fan, but I have an opportunity to buy a used Para SSP in blue finish for $649.00. The gun is like new probably 98% condition. Not being familiar with 1911 is this a good deal? Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
nope

A new black SSP is $556 delivered to your FFL from Bud's. A new stainless one is $699 delivered.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Had one. Notice "had", not "have".

Honest opinion, save your money and get a real gun. I know there are lots of folks who like them, but the only way I'd own another Para Ordnance is if they gave it to me. Then I'd hawk it for something useable.

If you're curious, I bought an SSP with the Power Extractor about two years ago. Wouldn't feed anything through any magazine. No hardball, no JHP, No Para mags, no Colt mags, no McCormick mags. To make matters worse, when other mags were used, the hammer would follow. Called the service center in Tn, was told this was "normal break in". Hammer follow? Wad told Para makes their parts "beefy" (I heard "out of spec.) and to see if the disconnector might be protruding into the mag well. It was. Several people have said "bull****" to that, but it was. That's how fouled up this pistol was. I cleaned up the disconnector with a jewelers file so the hammer didn't follow, then promptly ditched it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts