1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
chowser

If I could trouble you for the same info for the law enforcement link? I left a message on the law enforcement reps phone about two weeks ago and have heard nothing.

I emailed him and he responded 2 days later. May be a better option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mine came in a week and a half ago. Dealer finally had time for me to come get it. Will test fire it this weekend when I get back to work. Also bought a Glock 43X today.

My carry setup:

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Mine came in a week and a half ago. Dealer finally had time for me to come get it. Will test fire it this weekend when I get back to work. Also bought a Glock 43X today.

My carry setup:
Who made your holster? What mold did he use?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
So I bought some gen 2 magazines and the slide still does not lack back. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
eddie - how many rounds thru the pistol so far? What ammo are you using? Initially mine did not lock back twice. That was with my reloads - 115 gr. I switched to 124 gr ammo for a few rounds and have not had any issues since.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If it’s not locking back, check the slide stop. I had to smooth And notch the surface that contacts the detent spring to get it to lock back consistently on my Tactical 4.0

·
Registered
283 Posts
Blackpoint Tactical made the holster. The Staccato P is on their list as well as the TLR-7. The website also asked which key I used on the TLR-7.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
eddie - how many rounds thru the pistol so far? What ammo are you using? Initially mine did not lock back twice. That was with my reloads - 115 gr. I switched to 124 gr ammo for a few rounds and have not had any issues since.
I have shot a few hundred 124's and several hundred 115's The egn 2 mages are all but brand new ( , 50 rds)

So keep shooting it?

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
They have updated followers for the gen 2's, might try them. I got a new -L and it did the same thing with one of the mags and the followers fix it.
The old ones have an O on them...
I ordered some that only fit the gen 2's. Hopefully some progress there. Thanks. In the mean time, I will keep shooting.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
If anyone here has fired a "P" in .45ACP, am interested in your opinion as to reliability.

·
Registered
920 Posts
One of my employees has one and it works as good as mine in 9mm. They are outstanding guns and I think he has over two thousand rounds through his. I am not aware of any bobbles and spend a lot of time on the range and in the field with his unit. He uses it on SWAT/plainclothes operations.

Do not buy any 1st generation STI magazines. Stick with the 2nd generation and you will be fine. The 1st generation are finicky and need to be "tuned" in both 9mm and .45.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Thank you. I will be getting 5-mags w/ the P Duo I have on-order. Am assuming they no longer sell Gen-1 mags.

The reason I was asking is that someone messaged me here stating his agency went w/ the 9mm rather than .45 due to mag problems w/ the latter round. Am guessing they may have tested the Gen-1 mags. I will be sticking w/ the 10-round mags. Am waiting for a reply from him.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I was going to buy some STI magazines from an on-line gun source. They were such a deal, new and un-used. I then read about the difference between the first and second generation magazines. In the photos I could see that the magazines I was going to buy were first generation.

I managed to keep from being a good deal poorer! This time!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I tune my magazines and I can't really say I've had any problems with the 9mm Gen1's, that isn't the case with the 45 Gen1's they are horrible. Out of 70 some magazines, other than the Gen1 45s, the only 9 I had a problem with was a Gen2 that would constantly cause nosedives partly through but the new followers solved that.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
My second gen mags offered no joy. The followers I bought were the same as the ones in the 2 gen mags I bought. I will keep shooting and experimenting. I will post results as they occur.

41 - 60 of 144 Posts