1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw a new production one for $679 a few days ago. Stainless barrel fitted well (at both hood and bushing), pretty dang tight slide, Plastic trigger. Was as well made as any Colt I've seen in a while.

How about that price? What do they cost in your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Jim, is it approved for Kali sale? the model number that's Kali DOJ approved is #04012XS, descibe as = combat commander, stainless steel (brushed) barrel lenght 4.25", .45acp caliber. i've been wondering if this approved model is an XSE commander or like you said, 1991A1 commander in stainless steel? maybe we have dealer in the board that could clarify what is exactly the model #04012XS. is it 1991A1 commander in SS or XSE commander? tia for anyone with info.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks like a pretty good price compared to what I would find it for. This from a person who is far too close to Washington D.C. though.

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

·
Registered
54 Posts
10-ring, are you talking about turners? the one that they have on sale was a goverment model, and not a commander.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jhunnetaz: it was a plain ol stainless commander - the one on the list.

I would add that it had a high cut relief under the grip that the full size does not have.

Sounds like I could do better. Probably need to wait around a bit until the backlog of demand dissipates itself, and the "Colt doesn't make em anymore" rumours die out.

·
Registered
370 Posts
gotta wait for turners to put the gun on sale, then you will get into the high range of a decent price on the gun, even with that turners still pulls in an $80-100 profit on the gun.
ive never bought a gun from them that wasnt on sale, the regular prices just suck

------------------
Caspian frame + Colt parts = Col-spian? or Cas-olt?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hey JiminCA,
I didn't see the 1991A1 Commander on the list of approved firearms. Is this a consignment gun or new sale? I know the stainless XS commander is on the list but not a blue 1991A1.

By the way, I'm a sad CA resident too in LA!

·
Registered
54 Posts
now, i'm confuse.....

DOJ approved model # 04012XS combat commander, stainless steel(brushed), barrel lenght 4.25", .45 ACP

now, which one is this???...
- 1991A1 commander in stainless
or
- XSE (or XS) commander

TIA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts