1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

It's time to buy a second 1911.
Are there any well-known negative points against this particular model & finish?

I like the smaller size. It will be carried concealed occassionally, and living in the humid southern USA-stainless sure wouldn't hurt, either.

Fair Price?

Have a good one

·
Registered
431 Posts
Guys selling these used seem to think they are gold. A friend of mine bought one NEW a few months ago for $540 (dealer said it was his cost).

·
Administrator
72,052 Posts
If it's one of the pre-Enhanced models (i.e., the slide is round-topped w/vertical cocking serrations) it's only about $50 high. If Enhanced then it's VERY high.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Pass! 2 yrs ago I picked up an enhanced SS Comm. slightly used in box with extra grips and a holster for 5.It even had 'a trigger job and a few tweaks'. 2 hours of work and she was a nice piece,and worth what I paid.

For 7,I expect a nice specimen (something I love,not shoot the hell out of) of 70s vintage in 98% or a very nice Golg Cup.I have a REAL nice 70 series GC I might take a grand for.Original box and papers,few light scratches.The few rounds it has seen have been 'right there' and flawles.Naw,probably not

·
Registered
685 Posts
Originally posted by rex:
I have a REAL nice 70 series GC I might take a grand for.Original box and papers,few light scratches.The few rounds it has seen have been 'right there' and flawles.

Naw,probably not
WHEW! You were beginning to scare me for a moment.

Steve "Buy now, Sell never" G.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts