1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
IMO neither are worth the extra cost over a regular CST. Both of my .45 Kimbers will shoot under 2" at 25 yards. I have owned 10+ Kimbers over the years. None grouped OVER 2" at 25 yards.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought my first SM 2 in order to join IDPA matches. I am very happy with its accuracy and handling. I believe I did very well on my first few matches being consistently on the upper 25% of the group with my SM 2. The Sm 2has few extras on it that made it a little bit more costly than the Gold Match. I think your choice is if you have the budget for an SM 2 you might as well get it instead of purchasing a lower model that you might eventually upgrade anyway. Otherwise you will not go wrong with any of them.

One upgrade that I did for my SM 2 is to replace the front sight with a meprolight night sight since I also use this for home defense.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Need to look hard at what you plan to do with the gun. Either is fine for most of the pray and spray stuff. The extras that you get with the SM can be added to the GM for less than the cost difference. While IMHO the SM is not a out of the box bullseye gun, the SM and GM can make adequate guns for a new shooter just starting out shooting bullseye.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a series I SM with an "action by T" Teddy Jacobson, fiber optic front, jeweled trigger and hammer - What can I say WoW... If you can afford the extra scratch go for the SM you won't be disappointed -

·
Registered
296 Posts
i would seriously consider the team match II instead of those guns.

it has the 30lpi front checking, mag well, target sights, and hand fitted barrel from the custom shop factory.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Have the Gold Match and love the thing. For the extra stuff you get like front strap checkering and mag well I would go with the Super or Team Match.
All are fantastic shooters. I spent enough getting my frontstrap checkered as what it would cost to get one of the other two.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My SMII is my favorite pistol to shoot. I seem to be the most accurate with it also. Not sorry I paid the "extra" for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts