1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to ask...

How well does the stainless finish hold up? Just spotted a very nice SA Loaded 1911 in stainless finish.

How well does it clean up? Does stainless rust or pit quickly? Does the black
coat finish really help to keep the metal protected?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I bought a used stainless Loaded a few months back. It had a few small scratches and looked "faded". I grabbed a tube of Flitz polish and it shined right up!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
stainless can always be buffed back to a shine, the paint or bake on finishes your stuck unless you get it re-done, i have a stainless loaded champ and it still looks good, i dont baby it at all, just take care of it, my next will be blued just because i want a traditional look

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Stainless vs Black as in Black SS - well IMHO I would get the mil spec SS

It is just one really great looking pistol. Both are production pistols and shoot the same - well better sights on the blk SS Tactical but the raised mil spec sights are pretty good as is.

The black oxide finish will chip and wear - the ss can be buffed back to like new for a lot less SS

Yes the Black looks GREAT but -- got to ask is it really worth the extra $$$ in today's market.

for little $$ you can change ou the spur hammer and the short trigger if you desire. Lots of $$$ left for AMMO - which ain't cheap these days:rock:

Now is DARK is what you like - I would suggest watching for a older BLUED STANDARD (pre mil spec)

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Springer's regular stainless guns are more prone to scratches than their blued guns for some reason, not so much on the blackened ones. I have a personal pref for blued 1911's, but that's just me. Their black stainless is a nice looking one though, and it won't rust as long as you take care of it like any other gun. Couldn't tell you about pitting though, never seen a springer 1911 do that. Go ahead and get it if that's what you want, you'll like the hell out of it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts