1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need suggestions on standard length mag release. I find that I am popping my mag loose while carrying my Dan Wesson CBOB. I use an IWB holster with the extra leather flap covering the rear of the slide. I'm thinking of cutting out a relief for the mag catch to help but I don't really think I need or like the extended release. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, I can no longer find a link for downloading a Brownells catalog. Do they no longer allow you to download one, or am I just not seeing it?

Go Blue Raiders!

Kevin
Nashville

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
I have one or two standard SS mag releases, wanna just trade?
Ryan

·
Registered
779 Posts
I do not know why DW went with the extended mag catch design, I replaced mine the same day my Cbob arrived, as I ordered an Ed Brown SS mag catch from Brownells the same day I ordered the DW.

The Ed Brown part was a drop in and I like it way more than the original stock part. Same thing with the smooth MSH, went with chainlink. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ryan-I am afraid I may change my mind and want to go back to the extended. Plus I would like to keep all the stock parts that came with my gun (I don't know why, just do) Thanks for the offer though.

84Bravo-Sounds like you had the same thought as I do. The only thing about the CBOB that is not absolutely to my preference is the mag release. Unlike you, I like the smooth MSH as it does not catch on clothing. I suspect the chainlink pattern is better about this than the checkering though. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to find the Ed Brown.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
new mag release

I ordered the Ed Brown. It took some fitting but it is in and I like it better I think. I have to press the release pretty hard now, but is seems to be breaking in.

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts