1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any reviews on these? Pics? They look solid and well built but have yet to hear anyone talking about these.

·
Registered
96 Posts
They look like a gimmick to me. Put all that pretty case coloring on an "eh" pistol. They make killer shotguns but I am not convinced as to the 1911. For the money you can get a Wesson or a Baer and know what you are getting.
There are some reviews out there and I believe a discussion or two here pointing out some issues.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
While not a fan of CCH on a 1911, I have seen and handled several of these guns and they seem well made. They also make a nice Colt SAA clone. I believe the price of both the 1911 and the SAA have jumped about $500 since they were first introduced.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
I've heard they're a real good option and worth the price. I have one of their SAa and they're very nice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
OK. initial impressions compared to what I remember of my ruger SR1911. beautiful finish, nice trigger, almost to nice to actually fire, I dont like how firm the grip safety spring is, all steel even the main spring housing and the grip safety is steel. being new, it was a real PITA to disassemble vs what i recall with the sr1911. haven't shot it yet. the magazine's appear to be manufactured in house as well? they are painted steel 7rnd mags.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Watched Hickok45’s review. I think it’s a couple of years old. I think he said it was a series 70 but the slide has the hole for the firing pin block. To me, that would seem to suggest the slide was made by someone else.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How’s the barrel lock up? Does the safety go on and off with positive clicks?
im no expert but it seems to have tight, but not I can’t rack the slide tight, tolerances. Safety does have solid detents from what I can tell. Overall, buy it if you like how it looks. No plastic or powdered metal parts as far as I can tell if that maters

1 - 12 of 12 Posts