1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Compact (4 inch or so) Kimber. It uses a full length guide rod, which I generally don't like, because you need a paperclip to take it apart. I have seen a Springfiled Champion and Ultra Compact before with a short spring guide rod and a plug with a hole in it, allowing the plug to protrude when the spring is fully compresed. Is there a set up that will drop in my Kimber Compact? If not, can the full length rod be cut down and rounded and still oprerate smoothly? How long do I need to make the rod, so it will allow take-down without the paper clip but still function without causing spring problems, etc.?
Thanks in advance for your input.
Lenny

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Success

Well, I used the original factory reverse plug with a standard government spring guide. It worked perfectly. No problems with spring kinks (uses officers spring which is short anyway) and it is short enough to allow take down without a tool of any type. The spring plug protrudes through the plug a little at its fully compressed state, just like on Springfield Champions/compacts, etc. I like it much better.
Lenny:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts