1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Great board, with a lot of good info!
Im thinking of getting some Starline brass, and was wondering if paying extra for the 45+P would pay off in terms of getting more repoads per piece because of thicker case walls or will case mouths split regardless, at the same as the regular 45 brass.
Does anyone have any experience with the two types,longevity wise?

·
Banned
217 Posts
I've "shot out" 45Super brass. I've got some 45+p brass but it has only 5 loadings on it.

Anyway, the 45Super brass really didn't last any longer than regular brass. Either the case mouth would split or the primer pocket would get so loose that I think I could've primed them with my thumb
And this brass was never loaded to 45Super spec as I bought it as a bit of extra margin.

I bought some +P brass to try it out, but I think all I really got was a neat headstamp.

By the way, I can generally get about 20 loadings out of my brass. After 20 cycles the headstamp is gone and the primer pockets are loose enough that I can't "feel" them seat on my SDB.

So for my money, I would by regular .45acp brass.

------------------
Have a great day!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Unless they have changed recently, Starline told me that the only difference in plain
45 ACP and 45ACP+P was the headstamp. The
+P is just for the handloader's convenience in keeping his loads seperated. The cases are identical for all practical purposes.

------------------
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't worry be happy ! Just buy the STAR LINE BRASS STAMPED .45 ACP IT ROCKS !
I've loaded mine 5-8 x its the best.

Happy reloading !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts