1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a quick question about applying for a non-resident gun permit from RI. I used to live there but i now live in florida and have a conealed carry permit here i called up there the other day and they gave me the drill on how to apply.
My question is what would be a proper reason for requesting the permit & what are my chances of getting it? Does my fl. permit hold any water? they want a copy of it so maybe it does? If anyone has an info for me on this iad be very greatful also how long does it useualy take for an answer either way? Thanks nrafan.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Dear nrafan,

As you may or may not know our current Attorney General, and most likely next governor, is not very carry friendly. First off I'd go to the state laws website, http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/gen_assembly/genmenu.html , and read what it says. My reading of it seems to be that for residents at least you must show a compelling need for one.

I'd also suggest that you contact the Citizens Rights Action League (CRAL) at [email protected] and see what they can tell you. This sort of question is right up their alley. Good luck and have a safe trip home. Gary

------------------
"I knew a man that I did not care for. And then one day this man payed me a call. We sat and talked about things on our mind. Now this man he is a friend of mine" Friend and Lover "Reach Out in the Darkness"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts