1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be more common, but I have never seen it before. While cleaning after a range session, I noticed a little "flake" of something on the rear most of the ejector. It didn't wipe off and when I picked at it it actually peeled up a little. Anyone know if this is a major concern? Peel it off and keep shooting or is this indicitave of a larger problem?

Thanks!~

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
Is that a Baer? I would take a diamond hone and give your ejector a little more clearance and look for the sharp edge on the slide that is rubbing.

I guess thats how they get em so tight :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that a Baer? I would take a diamond hone and give your ejector a little more clearance and look for the sharp edge on the slide that is rubbing.

I guess thats how they get em so tight :)

Yes, it is a Baer. Although not as tight as others I have felt. More like My Browns fit with a tighter lock up.

The slide seems fine. Thanks for the advice.

More likely a steel problem of sorts with the ejector. It appears as though the metal "strip" is going to eventually peel the length of the ejector no matter what I do. I just hope this doesn't compromise the stability of the part. maybe replacement is needed? Anyone know?

Thanks~

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Golden Sabre hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
641 Posts
No it will be fine, hit it with a needle file to remove it. Dont worry your ejector is plenty strong enough even though it is missing this sliver.
Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts