1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased my new KC 2 years ago. I carry this pistol daily and have shot 9000 rounds of factory ammo (230 gr). After the first 250 rounds I had some preening display on my slide notches. Justin EB told me it should not get worse and to send in for repair when I desired.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440353342.159820.jpg

A week ago I decided to send in and have the notches smoothed out. I had also noticed some wear around the barrel lugs. Ed Brown is the best! They repaired the notches, replaced the barrel, smoothed out all the moving parts and refinished the slide. I had them also refinish the frame (confession time - I am ashamed to admit that on the very first day of owning this beautiful gun I placed a light idiot mark on it) and shorten/recess the slide stop.

It looks perfect! Inside and out it appears to be like brand new. Finish is flawless, slide stop recess looks great and the entire gun feels tighter. The turn-around time door to door was less than a week. Incredible.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440353378.652382.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440353399.708118.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
I am glad to hear that the service continues to exceed expectations.

I was amazed when I sent a gun in for some custom work and the pistol was returned with a long list of no charge items that I had not asked to be done.

The pistol came back in short order and looked brand new.

Also, glad you got the 9,000 rounds in so quickly. These guns beg to be shot.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Looks perfect! Glad you received great service.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
There is occasionally a disgruntled customer who posts . And 1 oh crap usually negates 100 well done. But this is not an oddity, but the norm from Ed Brown. I would put Ed Brown's CS up against anyone.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did they pay for shipping both ways?

I paid for shipping, however I knew that going in. They made it very easy to ship through FedEx.

I am completely satisfied with the attention my gun received, was told Ed himself reviewed it before work began.

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
Looks great. Nothing to be ashamed of because you put the dreaded scratch on your pistol. We've all done it, those that haven't are fixin to. :)

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Fine looking gun. And, yes, Brown does it again with a quickness.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Looks nice. :) And many of have put an idiot mark on a 1911. Not on a Brown, but on some 1911.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks nice. :) And many of have put an idiot mark on a 1911. Not on a Brown, but on some 1911.

Everyone is being pretty nice about the "mark" however when I did it I felt sick. Eventually I got over it and shot the gun every chance I got. A little holster wear and all was good. But I have to admit, looking at the KC all refinished ( with no marks at all) is really satisfying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts