1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am more than likely going to be picking up a Spartan or Trojan soon and want to know how these hold up in dirty and gritty situations. The reason I ask is because I plan to take a fighting handgun class soon and a lot of it involves getting yourself and the gun dirty with sand and mud etc.

I understand STI is finely tuned for competition however really just wanting to get a consensus on reliability in adverse conditions.

I apologize for the noob question, but still trying to gather more info about STI as I have never owned one. Thanks

DH

·
Registered
358 Posts
Many competition shoooters go thousands of rounds between cleanings. I can't stand to go more than a days worth of shooting.

If you do your part the gun will do its.

Just burn a couple of thousand rounds before your class to make sure the bugs (if any) have been worked out.

·
Banned
2,925 Posts
"I understand STI is finely tuned for competition however really just wanting to get a consensus on reliability in adverse conditions."

I just a trigger on a Spartan, I can't say they are finely tuned. The gun is accurate and the fit is OK but the trigger was at best, OK. It is a "fighting handgun" out of the box. The owner started shooting ball ammo and round nose reloads immediately and progressed to 200 gr SWCs with no problems.
Get good mags and it will serve you well.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've carried a Trojan as my primary duty pistol for 4 years now.... I don't have any issues with it, and it's gone boom every time I've needed it to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts