Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pls help. is this sti edge .45 fake?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
As far as I know all Edges are wide body guns. Yours, at least to me with these pictures, appears to have an Edge slide but a single stack frame.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Uh, that's a franken gun POS. The Edge is built on a 2011 Frame and that looks like a metal single stack frame.

STI is in Georgetown, Texas. Have they ever been located in Austin?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Frankin gun. might have some quality parts, hard to tell from the pics. what's the emblem on the side of the slide?

you can also call STI and ask them the serial number, but I hear their records are hit and miss.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Uh, that's a franken gun POS. The Edge is built on a 2011 Frame and that looks like a metal single stack frame.

STI is in Georgetown, Texas. Have they ever been located in Austin?
They were in Austin back when Virgil Tripp and Sandy Strayer were still running things. But yes, this is clearly a fake. It looks nothing like their past or current production.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
It is only a fake if someone is trying to sell it as an STI. If they are not it is what is called a Frankenstein gun. Nothing wrong with that if the smithing work is quality. It simply won't have the value of a complete STI. Personally I would stay away from a built gun that has a barrel with no name on it, or a frame that I can't determine who manufactured it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I wouldn't say fake. It's just a pieced together/built pistol. Saying it's fake is like saying someone who builds a full custom using a Wilson or Nighthawk frame and slide set built a fake.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I wouldn't say fake. It's just a pieced together/built pistol. Saying it's fake is like saying someone who builds a full custom using a Wilson or Nighthawk frame and slide set built a fake.
I insist that it is a fake, because it doesn't appear to use any genuine STI parts despite being marked as such. I honestly don't believe that the frame or slide came from STI.

·
Registered
21,865 Posts
Markings are not what STI is putting on their guns now.

Are you in the Philippines? There are a lot of brand knockoffs there.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Send the pictures to STI. Perhaps its an early build, or a test build.

·
Registered
693 Posts
The Edge was developed as a double stack for competition. I've never seen or heard of one that was a single stack or with a rail, nor have I seen one with an Austin, TX. marking rather than Georgetown. Additionally the sloppy misaligned sight is certainly not at the high quality standard that STI is known for. That would have never gotten out of the shop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have to agree with what everyone else said, I've never seen a single stack Edge, but if its reliable and accurate it may still be a good gun, its just probably not a real STI gun

1 - 13 of 13 Posts