1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STI Edge Preferred ammo

Happy New Year everyone!
I'm about to take delivery on an Edge in 40S&W for IPSC. I'm new to practical shooting, what I'd like to ask you folks for is advice on what factory ammo the Edge seems to favour. I will start reloading once I get all of the basics taken care of, but in the meantime, I'd like to hear about your experiences.
Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
118 Posts
That may be a tough one to answer, everyone I know that owns an STI/SVI reloads and loads it long. Most load them to 1.190 to 1.200, and most factory produced ammo is around 1.125. My advice to you, get a couple of boxes of different ammo and go shoot it, even if somebody else says certain ammo feeds in thier gun, it may not feed in yours. You will need to tune your gun for the ammo you settle for and the way you shoot.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I shoot White box Winchester 180 grain out of my Edge and Eagle with no problems whatsoever. I also shoot Reminton/UMC 180's with no problem. I like the bullet profile of the Winchester better. i also relaod to factory length. I did have both guns gone through by my smith because of some feeding problems early on. He lowered the barrel in to the frame of the Edge slightly. He has done this to several guns I know of.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have been shooting Georgia Arms Canned Heat for a little over a year. I prefer the 165 Major over the 180 for IPSC.

I have some Winchester White Box 165's that I am about to try. Dollar-for-dollar, Winchester beats GA due to freight. That's $10/500.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts