1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Legacy

I was going to ask the same question re Legacy. When are these going to be available? Looks like Lawman with a flattened/serrated top, nice grips and without front slide serrations. Here's the blurb from SkinnErgram #80:
"Samples of the new "Legacy" are at the plating shops (plural). As I indicated before, we’re going to have a couple samples done by different processes. Since we don’t know which process that we’ll select for the finished model, I can’t yet price it for you. Regardless of the process selected, this is one "kick butt" gun that will shame the best of the semi-custom makers (you know who they are) as well as the Custom Shops in the big factories. And be priced competitively. One change in direction that we’ve taken on this gun; we’ve abandoned the interchangeable sight that was planned. The sight that we’ve settled on is a really neat adjustable unit that fits in the standard Novak style cut. It’s even shaped very much like a Novak fixed sight, which makes it pretty "snag free". We hope to be able to offer it with tritium inserts by mid first quarter, 2006."
I think the sight they are talking about is Caspian.:rock:

·
Banned
1,342 Posts
I hate that mag button! Why not a nice checkered or serrated part?

The sight looks great. The Caspian version has a recessed face like a Novak, the STI has a serrated face like a Heinie. I like that very much.

·
Banned
1,342 Posts
I just called and was told that the rear blade design is exclusive to STI.
I will have to have one, thats for sure.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
That is a nice sight...like the flat serrated plane..be a good option to have when building.

Bob, thanks for checking into that..

·
Registered
500 Posts
Legacy specs

Legacy looks good... I should be ordering. What gives the $600 difference in retail over Lawman? I guess it is coating+cosmetics (flattop/serration)+amby safety. Anyone has any experience with PVD coating in the gun, especially applied to the barrel? Should wear pretty quickly off the hood.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
What is the market segment the Legacy is going after?

I've been beating myself up here looking for an accurate shooter for paper targets (fancy myself working into Bullseye one day) going back and forth between Les Baer and RRA. Now, just to complicate my life furhter, this new STI Legacy comes along with its adjustable sights and match grade barrel/bushing which seems to crossover into the target shooting group.

What do you guys think? Do you think this would be an appropriate gun for a move into high accuracy Bullseye down the road? I know that there are specialized Bullseye offerings from Baer and RRA for a little less money, but with respect to Bullseye and the USPSA do you think the Legacy will be a "Jack of all trades, expert of none", "excells in both", or just a "USPSA" kind of gun.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Legacy Sight

Brazos Custom Gunworks said:
Word from STI is that the rear sight is not available at this time as a separate item.
The rear sight (T.S.A.) should be availble around the end of November as a seperate item from STI or from us.

Regards,

Mike Chasse (Owner)
Thunder Mountain Custom Rifle (STI's only Master Dealer)
5431 S. San Pedro Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ. 85650
(520) 803-9584
www.thundermountaincustomrifle.com
www.thebulletguy.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts