1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little confused and am looking for another 9mm carry pistol.

I hear all sorts of good things about STI so I figured I'd look them up on the internet and I see they have a slim pistol called the LS, it weighs 28 ounces. Then I see the ROGUE and it weighs 22.8 ounces.

Both pistols appear to have the same 3" barrel. The LS is clearly a thin profile pistols but do they have similar dimensions in height? I see both have a 7" length. Why is the LS so much heavier?

Will the LS fit in the same holster or is it taller in the slide area to compensate for the slim profile?

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,290 Posts
I talked the STI guys at some length about the Rogue vs. LS, at the SHOT show. The former is essentially a conventional, compact 1911 in 9mm. The LS has linkless lockup, slimmer dimensions, the slide can be racked with the safety engaged (that's a difference, but I'm not sure it's a plus), and other detail differences. I like the concept of the LS much better than the Rogue or Springfield EMP, but if you want a "1911", then the Rogue is the one for you.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
. . . but if you want a "1911", then the Rogue is the one for you.
Well what I am looking for is a good carry pistol.
To me that is something that is:
-- comfortable in the hand,
-- natural to point,
-- reliable (100% is reasonable in a carry gun!),
-- small to make it easy to conceal,
-- light weight.

The Rogue seems to be similar in overall size to the LS; it appears that the LS may be "taller" but still be the same length?

The Rogue is lighter than the LS. The Rogue is also lighter than the Springfield EMP and the Rogue is lighter than my Para Carry 9 (but only by only 0.2oz) and the Rogue is lighter than my Stainless Colt Officer's Model.

The LS is slimmer than the Rogue.

The controls (trigger, safety) on both are similar in placement, although work slightly differently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts