1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the phone with John Kestel of STI yesterday and, knowing he and the STI sales staff were at the IPSC World Shoot XIV in Ecuador the last few weeks, I asked him how the match went and he told me about the story below, which is on their website. Apparently a competitor from Europe arrived at the match but his gun did not. When STI learned about it, they loaned him a brand new, right out of the box Edge and 4 magazines off their display table. The competitor successfully completed the 600+ round, 35 stage match with a gun that literally had not been fired even for sighting in.

That says a lot about the quality of firearms STI is making and maybe even more about the kind of people at STI. As a side note, neither John or Dave Skinner were able to compete because their ammo, shipped separately, never arrived at the match.

http://www.stiguns.com/

A Testament to STI International's Reliability

From Left to Right, Dave Skinner, Zoran Stamenkovi, Russell Skinner
After arriving at the World Shoot XIV from Serbia with no pistol, due to a customs glitch, Zoran Stamenkovic borrowed a Edge .40 cal pistol and magazines from STI International off their display table and successfully finished the match competing in standard class. Zoran never had a chance to test fire or zero the sights. He went directly from the STI booth and shot all 35 stages over 6 days. After returning the pistol, Zoran stated that the pistol performed beyond his expectations and that he was very grateful to the sales team from STI International for helping a shooter out in a time of need. Dave Skinner, the president of STI International, said that this just goes to show the camaraderie that one can expect at a IPSC competition.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lelle said:
Nope. English isn't my native tung, so I guess more missunderstanding could be the result.
Also as I mentioned there's a slight time differense.
So I rely on mail. That worked fine until I got tired and told them I just wanted my money back. Not much to talk about, I got no stuff so they should not have my money.
For what it's worth, the entire STI sales staff has been in Equador pretty much the last half of August and they just got back the other day.

·
Super Moderator
739 Posts
Lelle said:
Nope. English isn't my native tung, so I guess more missunderstanding could be the result.
Also as I mentioned there's a slight time differense.
So I rely on mail. That worked fine until I got tired and told them I just wanted my money back. Not much to talk about, I got no stuff so they should not have my money.

PM me with info on the transaction - your name, date, merchandise purchased etc. and I will look into it Tuesday for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Brazos Custom Gunworks said:
PM me with info on the transaction - your name, date, merchandise purchased etc. and I will look into it Tuesday for you.
Well, it seems that you managed to clear out the missunderstandings between me and STI :)
Thank you very much!!

Now I'm happily waiting for my gear :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live VERY close to STI and I have been looking into thier products. I just had a couple of questions about the article though.

It did not state where he placed if at all with the production pistol.

And "After returning the pistol, Zoran stated that the pistol performed beyond his expectations and that he was very grateful to the sales team from STI International for helping a shooter out in a time of need."

Wonder why he did not buy that pistol, or indicate that he would even look into buying one of STI's products. I know those guys have sponsorships. but if he truly thought that highly of the pistol he would plug the product. I am not saying that STI is bad or anything close to that. Was just curious on those points. Just that they almost made the article sound as if he was appreciative of the charity, but the pistol really did not do all that well???

·
Registered
209 Posts
dapolice1 said:
It did not state where he placed if at all with the production pistol.
171st 1595.5481 points 59.60% Stamenkovic, Zoran
Not that that had anything to do with the pistol.

Wonder why he did not buy that pistol, or indicate that he would even look into buying one of STI's products.
It's likely that based on where he's from (which is listed as Montenegro in the results) he can't just buy a gun in another country... just like we can't just buy a gun in Mexico or Canadia.

I know those guys have sponsorships, but if he truly thought that highly of the pistol he would plug the product.
Uh... not quite. Very few people have sponsorships. How would he go about plugging the product to your satisfaction?

Just that they almost made the article sound as if he was appreciative of the charity, but the pistol really did not do all that well???
The pistol did exactly what it was supposed to do: function. If he couldn't turn that into a "win" against a ridiculously thick field, well, he—like all of us—needs to practice more. ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
double ditto. I might also add that having lived in a Serbian province for a year and a half recently that it would be rather difficult for him to just buy the gun. Pretty easy to find an AK, not so easy to pick up an STI.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wonder why he did not buy that pistol, or indicate that he would even look into buying one of STI's products. I know those guys have sponsorships. but if he truly thought that highly of the pistol he would plug the product. I am not saying that STI is bad or anything close to that. Was just curious on those points. Just that they almost made the article sound as if he was appreciative of the charity, but the pistol really did not do all that well???[/QUOTE]

Why he did not buy the pistol?!! I suppose he cannot afford it! pretty dammned expensive!!! :biglaugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts