1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am thinking about getting another 1911 in 9mm. LGS has NIB discontinued Trojan in stock, priced at $1,200. When available the Stacatto R will run $1,999. Also not seeing a lot of info or reviews on Stacatto R. Would you buy the Trojan or wait for the Staccato R and spend $800 more. I’m reluctant to spend the extra $800 because that could buy another decent gun.:confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
IMHO, the only thing you gain with the 2011 is the additional magazine capacity; you have to decide the importance of that and the $800. I have a Trojan, an Edge and a DVC L and the Trojan is just as reliable, accurate and smooth as the more expensive guns. You would be hard pressed to find another single stack in that price range as good as the Trojan.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I’m looking for single stack 1911 in 9mm. Trying to decide between the discounted Trojan or wait until the new Staccato R becomes available. Third option would be to order a Dan Wesson PM-9. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything from STI until they get their act together. Am regretting buying the 2019 P.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I stand corrected, haven't kept up with the new models.
Nobody can, these days. Wait & see is prudent.

Is it me or does it seem like a flood of Trojans out there all of a sudden?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nobody can, these days. Wait & see is prudent.

Is it me or does it seem like a flood of Trojans out there all of a sudden?
Other than the NIB at my LGS I’m not seeing a flood of them for sale. A lot of people (like me) talking about them. Most internet sites that show them are sold out. I’m just trying to decide between the Trojan or the new Stacatto R for $800 more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts