1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a "like new" STI edge 40 cal 2011 and I have a guy offering me an Ed brown executive carry, the EB is like new as well and blued. What are yalls opinion on that, money wise. I love the STI but I like trading up more. Is that a good trade?

·
Super Moderator
7,694 Posts
Going from a double stack 2011 in 40 to a single stack 1911 in 45 kinda sounds like a step backwards to me.

$$$ wise, a step up. Other than that, no way for me.

·
Registered
484 Posts
You will be able to get another Sti before you get another Brown for the price of said Sti... Do the trade and get another Sti down the road if you end up missing it.

·
Registered
27,699 Posts
Do you shoot the STI? Will you shoot the Brown?

I'm with Tom on this one, it's a step backwards, IMO.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The Edge in 40 is worth quite a bit less than the Brown if you know how to shop. Plus 40S&W has declined in popularity big time. Now I would never part with one of my STIs but I would probably do this deal if I has an Edge in 40.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
It depends on the use on the gun.

If all you're doing is punching paper, it probably doesn't make a difference. Do you use your Edge for competition? If so, would you use your EB for competition? Are you looking to make the EB your EDC?

Lots of variables.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't use the edge for completion and I wouldn't be using the EB for carry either. I'm just looking at reading up money wise and selling it to get a DVC

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
If you're just getting the eb to flip personaly I say leave it for someone else who would enjoy it. I would trade an STI for a Brown in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
27,699 Posts
If you're just getting the eb to flip personaly I say leave it for someone else who would enjoy it. I would trade an STI for a Brown in a heartbeat.
What's wrong with getting an offer from someone and taking them up on it and then flipping to get what you want?

Are Browns due some special reverence?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't use the edge for completion and I wouldn't be using the EB for carry either. I'm just looking at reading up money wise and selling it to get a DVC
Why would you not compete with the Edge and flip an EB to get a DVC? Are you going to compete with the DVC?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
If you're using this trade to help you acquire something of more value, then it would be a no-brainer. Do it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts