1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Kimber target match, with a Barsto barrel and Springfield TRP.
I use both in competition, USPSA and Bowling pin matches. Both are great guns but I kind of want to get a STI USPSA. Is there any one out there, that is competing with one? I know STI's are great and Trojan's are quit popular. I just want something ??? else. Thoughts?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I shoot STI in both USPSA and IDPA. In USPSA I shoot a .45 Sentinel in Single Stack and a 9mm Edge in Limited (minor). For IDPA I use shoot an Eagle in ESP division and the same Sentinel in CDP. In the spirit of full disclosure I'm an STI fan and own quite few of their pistols. I'm no Master level competitor and my pistols, with the exception of a few minor upgrades, aren't all tricked out and they have performed superbly. My experience has been excellent and I've never been disappointed by STI. At USPSA matches you will find STI pistols (or custom pistols built on STI frames) are pretty common in Limited and Open divisions. Many other quality brands are also represented, but STI made it's reputation building competition 2011 pistols. The Trojan is an excellent pistol (I own two - .45 and 9mm) and hard to beat at the $1000-$1200 price range and worth your consideration.

Sorry, misread you post. Thought you were asking about an STI pistol for USPSA, rather than the STI USPSA pistol. While I have a dozen STI pistols, I don't have that model, but my Sentinel is one sweet shooter.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear you guy's. I have a friend, with a whole stable full of STI pistols, mostly 2011 types.
He does have two Trojans, 40s&w and 45acp. He has let me shoot them. He has also worked with me to get the most out of what I have. My Kimber is a one hole gun if I do
my part. The SA TRP is nice. I would like to get something really nice from STI, that is a 1911. The Trojans are nice, but I have nice. I want really nice but still be USPSA,
single stack legal.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Up date. I pulled the trigger, so to speak. A Sentinel Premier, hard crome is coming my way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am currently researching a STI 45acp purchase for personal defense and CC, unless they institute a barn shooting category I'll stay away from the big dog events. According to a sales rep at Top Gun Supply who shoots competition in Texas nearly ALL use the STI firearms. The STI website indicates that some of their newer models are still pending association approval.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts