1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you out there who have both had had any experiences with both the STI and SVI triggers, how do they compare to each other? Also, I have noticed that some STI pistols owners changed their triggers to that of SVIs. If I may ask, what was your reason for this?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
do you mean the triggers themselves or the trigger feel? SVI are more customizable, flat or reverse, different lengths, etc. Many competition shooters want to get the feel of it exactly right for them, so they go SVI. I prefer a flat trigger and the touch of aluminum over plastic, which is why I go with SVI.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I needed a longer trigger and I prefer the feel of the flat fave vs curved. The SVI also looks nice IMO. I also use a flat trigger on my competition AR.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you mean the triggers themselves or the trigger feel? SVI are more customizable, flat or reverse, different lengths, etc. Many competition shooters want to get the feel of it exactly right for them, so they go SVI. I prefer a flat trigger and the touch of aluminum over plastic, which is why I go with SVI.
I meant, performance wise.
Thanks again in advance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I may ask also, what are the benefits or advantages of using a flat trigger as compared to a curved one?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
The trigger pull on a curved trigger can vary depending on where your finger settles on the trigger face. The flat face has shown to be consistent no matter the finger placement. But mostly it is an ergonomics thing. Some people simply prefer the feel of a flat face trigger.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I guess I'm weird. I have a SV with a STI trigger in it. It's tuned very nicely though
Is that an older SV?

The SV trigger needs to be filed down to fit the channel in an STI. I can't imagine how loose an STI trigger would be in an SV.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Yes its an older SV. In fact its started life as a SV frame, my friend had our gunsmith build it up using a Caspian slide, Schumann barrel, and various Ed Brown, and STI parts. He sold it to a another friend of mine who never shot it even one time. But did send it off for a hard chrome job. I had an STI edge that I sold to yet another friend and I bought the SV. It's quite nice and dead nuts reliable and accurate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts