1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it's been about a month now since I put in my order for a WWII. Just got off the phone with my dealer and he told me his distributor still has it on back-order.

Seems to me that Springfield should be kicking them out faster now that there's a lot of good buzz about the WWII model. But, then again, I'm no economist. I'm just a guy with $100 down and nothing to show for it except an itchy trigger finger. :hrm:

Okay, I'm done now. (And yes, I know, some of you reading this probably waited a lot longer for this or other guns. I'm just in the mood to complain tonight. Y'know, that Laz-E-Boy recliner I passed up is starting to look better and better........):grumble:

·
Registered
469 Posts
While you're waiting...

Did ya get the get the grips I mailed? If so, you could always hold em in your fist and pretend...:biglaugh:

I'm sorry, that was cruel. I hope it comes through for you while the weather is still holding out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ewb45acp

"BANG! BANG!" :biglaugh:

Well, I'll let it go another month or so. After that, I'll just kick in the extra and get the regular Mil-Spec. Or I'll try giving a well-known chain in Dickson City a call.

·
Registered
289 Posts
That well know chain down in Dickson City claims that they will match any price. However, I would still always always always rather give my business to the local guy! Have you tryed Matt's Shooting Supply in Dallas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. I was up at Matt's a couple of months back. He wanted more. Haven't called him since the *more local* guy gave me a lower price quote. Maybe I'll give him a try.

Problem with price matching is that stores usually require PROOF of a price (such as an advertisement).

·
Registered
289 Posts
They told me that they would call the store to verify the price, so you may not need an ad.

I told them that I would just buy it at the local guy and save myself a trip.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Patience, Grasshoppa

FWIW, SA told me that they don't have the production capacity to produce all models at the same time. That's why they only make so many units of any given model at any given time. All that said, I'm waiting for a PX9503L (seems like forever, but it ought to make it that much sweeter when I do get it).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

It came in! I'm going to pick it up tonight!!!!!!

:biglaugh: :rock: :rofl: :D :)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Right on! I hope it's everything you hope it will be! I think I'm getting pretty close. I got an email from Deb yesterday, saying that they are about finished on the floor. Mark is hooking me up with a one sided safety, and he's gonna smooth up the trigger and send some rounds downrange. I'm hoping I have it by the week before Christmas because my bro is coming up, and gonna bring his Colt 1991A1. I would just feel inferior if all I have is my 92fs. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts