1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a used Stinger (not TRS version) that's blue with about 1500 rounds through it. It was carried some, but appears to be in about 95% condition.

Baer national match barrel with stainless bushing, low mount combat fixed rear sight, dovetail front sight, lowered and flared ejection port, tuned and polished extractor, extended ejector, checkered slide stop, speed trigger with crisp 4 lb pull, deluxe Commander hammer and sear, beavertail grip safety with pad, flat serrated mainspring housing, beveled mag well, polished feed ramp and throated barrel, high checkered front strap @ 30 lpi, edges rounded for tactical carry, pistol tuned for total reliability, premium Checkered Cocobola grips, and blued finish.

There are no signs of abuse, inside or out. There does seem to be a little wear on the external part of the barrel toward the muzzle, in the bushing area. Otherwise, it looks pretty good. The secondary market seems a little soft right now. I'm wondering what you think about a $1200, out the door price tag.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I'm new to LB's and 1911's as well, so I don't know all of the different models he makes but I recently bought a near new (had about 500 rounds through it) PII that was made in 2007 for $1500. It was in Santa Fe, NM a city not known for bargains so adjust accordingly.

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
I'm looking at a used Stinger (not TRS version) that's blue with about 1500 rounds through it. It was carried some, but appears to be in about 95% condition.

Baer national match barrel with stainless bushing, low mount combat fixed rear sight, dovetail front sight, lowered and flared ejection port, tuned and polished extractor, extended ejector, checkered slide stop, speed trigger with crisp 4 lb pull, deluxe Commander hammer and sear, beavertail grip safety with pad, flat serrated mainspring housing, beveled mag well, polished feed ramp and throated barrel, high checkered front strap @ 30 lpi, edges rounded for tactical carry, pistol tuned for total reliability, premium Checkered Cocobola grips, and blued finish.

There are no signs of abuse, inside or out. There does seem to be a little wear on the external part of the barrel toward the muzzle, in the bushing area. Otherwise, it looks pretty good. The secondary market seems a little soft right now. I'm wondering what you think about a $1200, out the door price tag.

Thanks
I think you made a great call on the price! 1150-1250 would be what I would appraise the gun for based on your description.You are absolutely right about the market being soft.And it's not just top end 1911's either.On any given Saturday I am working at the store,between 5-10 guns of all types are being brought in for sale.A lot of junk,but some nice stuff as well.
Use your knowledge of your local market to your advantage when negotiating.If you know that your local economy has taken a hit due to plant closings,you can pretty well be sure that more than a few nice guns will be up for sale.:(
Regards and Merry Christmas!
DAT85

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your thoughful replies.

Even people who aren't directly impacted by the current economy seem "nervous". There are a TON of used guns on the market. Even many of the reasonably priced ones are not moving, it seems. Very curious...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts