1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently stippled my dalys froint strap,it was easy enough to do. it taking about a hour and a half, thats including re-bluing the froint strap and reassembling.
it actually turn out real nice. it was my first time doing anything like that.....
and along with my checkered mainspring housing--now has a hell of a gripp. i like it better than skateboard tape. YOU dont have to worry about messing up- because you can go over it as many times as you like, untill you get the look and gripp you want. no special tools needed. custom looking to boot. and all it cost was $0
(ther is a photo of my handy work,)down below, that was later posted

[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 05-30-2001).]

·
Registered
711 Posts
Well ..... tell us how you did it and what tools you used.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for asking....BAER'
I have a paded vice a centerpunch and ballpin hammer. i did a little research-befor doing it, because i didnt want to damage my gun. otherwise a little re-assurance. you put the punch in your hand like your going to write with it....with the pointed end should be were the erraser would be...lean your hand on your vice" or were ever you can...have the pointed end a 1/2" away....and lightly strike the punch, you dont have to hit it all that hard, the harder you hit it the deeper it gets. towards the middle of the strap you just angle your punch as needed. the frame on the daly or strong and you dont have to put anything in the magazine well. the more you punch the punch the richer your texturing will be.
( start out with light taps) untill you get the feel of it. rest when you get tired and if needed it resharping punch if it becomes dull
reblue the area stippled..cold bluing works great, and it does blend in nicely. now youll have a nice gripp and looks nice too.youll feel good about yourself, and save your hard earn money to boot.

·
Registered
711 Posts
You're a brave man, jb, a brave man.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Pictures! We want pictures!

Pleeeeeaaasssee.....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KESTRY"....I never posted pictures, but I will see what I need to do inorder to do it. you will love the results of stippling on your daly.
and i love showing my daly off,
i have put alot of work into the one i have, inside and out". its not only dependable....it is a nice looking 1911. youll see for yourself....hopefully soon!
and thers nothing to fear....by stippling your daly 1911. its not going to cave in nore brake or warp....MUCH
...JUST KIDING", SERIOUSLY its a piece of cake. follow my directions that i posted up above,you can do it too.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
You'll need a personal web page or free photo posting service(I use photoisland).

Upload the photo into your page or service after taking it with a digital camera, camcorder, or just scanning a regular photo.

Insert the address between the following:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks walkingpoint for the information earlier, and a big thanks for helping geting one of my pictures posted so that i could share with others. if i can learn how to work that site at photoisland,i'll show the rest of them-side views and so on. the light was shining on the stippling---in person its darker and blends in,and has a nice gripp.
im looking forward to hearing about your new daly",personally i like the blue modle

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well guys hope you all like my stippling job? anyway for those considering doing a stippling to ther 1911, i can e-mail other photos,i just didnt managed to post them yet.
if it wasnt for walkingpoint, i wouldnt have manage to have goting this one on the forum. hope you like what you see, im a happy camper

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
james

Note that I created a "Daly" album, as you had uploaded the photo into a "storage area" where nothing much could be done to it.

Once it's put into an album, all you have to do is click on the thumbnail picture to get the full version. Look on the left side of the screen and you'll see a link that mentions something about getting a link for an auction. Click on that and then highlight the long address shown. That is what you need to paste between
in order to post a picture here. Hopefully that makes sense.

I also like the plain blue model CD as well, so I'm not unhappy about the substitution. I found out a little while ago that I need to use my original dealer to handle the new gun transfer, so I anticipate this will slow things down a bit. I still expect it will be delivered by next Friday.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I must admit that I had reservations about your home stippling job, looks like I was wrong. Unless the photo is hiding something, I think you did a fine job. Wish I had the courage to do it. But that’s why they make wrap-around grips, for people like me!

------------------
Bullseye Rules!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im glade you all like my stippling job
the truth be known, it actually looks better in person. my picture doesnt do it justice
when i got my daly...i bought a checkered mainspring housing from ace custom .45's,and i like it very much. BUT...last night i got the notion to take&use the one that came with it and stipple it. so i did
and it did turn out pretty good considering it was serrigated/lines on it already. both my mainspring housings serve ther purpose. BUT IM KINDA INBETWEEN. wich of these mainspring housing would you use???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts