1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know what brand of grip safety is on the current production V-16?
I was simple trying to change it out for one that looks more stainless steel than the original silver hard-chrome unit that comes on the stock Springfield; I tried the ".220" type from Smith & Alexander, but it has a slight gap at the top of the radius. Would the Wilson unit fit better? (but which Wilson; the drop-in or the compound Wilson-Clark profile). I was just trying to change it out without having to alter the frame at this point.
Thanks for your response;

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess I'll try giving Springfield Armory a call after the holidays and see what they can tell me.
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Springfield's custom shop representative replied in an e-mail to me on this subject and said their beavertail grip safety is different than others and to ship it to them to install a stainless steel unit for $90 bucks (yeah, sure - I don't think so).
Found a standard Wilson SS high grip safety at the local gun show this past weekend and it fit even better than the Smith & Alexander SS (.220 radius) unit that is supposed to fit (according to Brownell's - .220r S70 for SA catalog and tech-line).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts