1911Forum banner

What mirage color

• Ice

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Purple->green (more of a purple to blue)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Green->silver

• Red->blue

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Gold->magenta

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not 100% sure im gonna paint my new stock...but im almost positive i will. If i do paint it i want to do it a mirage color. Click on the link below and let me know which color shift you guys like. The receiver/scope/rings are black...the trigger and barrel are silver.
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/mirage.html

this is the stock
http://www.staffordsales.com/euro-r.jpg

btw the stock came in...most comfortable stock ive ever held. Very well balanced with my choice of barrel, and light weight too...:D

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm not sure how the Duplicolor will look on wood. I've only seen it used on metal and synthetics. If you decide to try it, check it out on a scrap piece of laminate first.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Calvert1 said:
I'm not sure how the Duplicolor will look on wood. I've only seen it used on metal and synthetics. If you decide to try it, check it out on a scrap piece of laminate first.
Aparently it works very well...a gentleman on rimfirecentral sent me multiple pics of stocks done with other duplicolor paints (non mirage paints) so i know the brand works. the stock isnt laminate, however i am gonna try it on my junked laminate stock...just to make sure it works.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rrotz said:
Stain it a deep red to bring out the grain. Don't paint over the nice grain of that stock and cover it up.
that is a "stock" pic of the stock. Mine doesnt have as nice of a grain. Like i said im not 100% sure about what i want to do...so any suggestions are welcome. Yours just got added to the growing list of choices...

·
Registered
428 Posts
From the photo, the stock appears to already have a finish on it. Make sure that whatever you paint it with is compatible with the existing finish. If you follow the suggestion to stain the stock, you will have to remove the existing finish first.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BillL223 said:
From the photo, the stock appears to already have a finish on it. Make sure that whatever you paint it with is compatible with the existing finish. If you follow the suggestion to stain the stock, you will have to remove the existing finish first.
the stock is clear coated for the moment...thats all. I would sand off this finish prior to painting...the buff wood is starting to grow on me so i may just leave it

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
You might consider several thin coats of a white primer or base color to cover the wood color before laying down the final color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts