1911Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
7,779 Posts
Wasn't the reason that UPS started requiring shipping using their "Next Day Air" service was because they were having too many thefts (by employees pretty obviously) and the premium service gets more scrutiny and supposed security?
It just moves faster so there is less time to analyze and take anything.

I always ship in random, non gun related boxes of unnecessary size and shape with a gun case inside with number pad locks that I send the code to the intended person receiving it. I never say what it is, always time my drop off 5-10 min before the last truck gets there so I can watch, and have never had any issues

Been doing this en masse recently lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
On March 13, 2020 I delivered this Colt 01980XSET Premier Edition 1911 (serial number CPE357) to Allied-Arms in Ladson, SC to ship to Briarhawk Guns in Las Vegas, NV. The insured package was pilfered and the 1911 was stolen while in possession of the USPS prior to arrival in Las Vegas. The receiving FFL refused shipment and the package was returned to Allied-Arms who filed the insurance claim with the USPS. The claim was denied several times and finally settled 9 months later only after the office of US Senator Lindsey Graham intervened. Just wanted everyone to know that if you see this Colt for sale, it is a reported stolen firearm.

View attachment 602088
The only one I ever had stolen was Combat Commander I sent to Canada about 40 years ago. It was a nightmare, but they paid the claim-after my wife and I had two more kids!

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Back in 1978 I worked for the USPS at a Bulk Mail Center. A trailer full of new boots arrived. ONE individual decided he could swap out his worn out Jordans for a new pair of boots. Well, he made the swap.. but Sup. caught him- fired him.... wait for it... he got his job back, with back pay...

·
Registered
838 Posts
Dealers always look for the easy (cheap) way out, which is USPS. They all have their issues, but UPS and FedEx overnight are the way to go. The USPS ain’t what it used to be.

·
Administrator
73,095 Posts
Back in 1978 I worked for the USPS at a Bulk Mail Center. A trailer full of new boots arrived. ONE individual decided he could swap out his worn out Jordans for a new pair of boots. Well, he made the swap.. but Sup. caught him- fired him.... wait for it... he got his job back, with back pay...
Per my ex (who is a supervisor at USPS) it is nearly impossible to fire a USPS employee. Their union (APW) is very powerful and will defend them no matter what they do. To be fired you literally have to make a physical threat or carry a gun to work... pretty much anything else you can usually get away with.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts